January 2, 2017

Happy 2017


Don’t know about you, but 2016 was a bear. Challenging at work, with my wife, with her Mom’s condition getting worse, and Dad passing away. Very happy to see 2017.

Going to work to make 2017 better. Most of us make resolutions that we fail at. Don’t intend to fail. Discipline is my biggest weakness. So have to work around my foibles. Did get under my goal weight of 175 lbs. in 2016, but gained 4-5 lbs. back. And that was before going on vacation in Florida.

First am going to focus on just a few things: Improving my health and conditioning. Improving my listening and slow down with people. Learning whether or not serious about developing a copywriting business. One thing have learned is the less resolutions you make, the better the odds you will complete them.

Notice I put my first resolution as a positive outcome. Your mind believes you, so “Remember catsup at the store” instead of ‘Don’t forget catsup at the store.

Working on a unifying theme for my resolutions. That way the individual tasks to accomplish are not the resolution, nor the measure of success. ‘A better 2017 than 2016’ will be enough regardless of what challenges come to derail one resolution. 

What is your one goal for 2017 you would enjoy? What theme would carry us through the year ahead? Themes could be Health, Happiness, Peace, Education, Work, Joy, Gratitude or more.


Happy New Years to you, your family and friends.

No comments:

Moral Collapse. Don’t We Recognize Evil?

Israel was attacked by Hamas terrorists. ~1,400 deaths, ~3,500 wounded and ~200 taken as hostages. Thousands of rockets were sent as armed a...