November 28, 2015

And I am Suppose to be Afraid of Refugees?


Ten men with weapons have attacked Paris. They killed and wounded a few hundred people. This is a new development for Dasche, but not unlike other terrorist attacks throughout the world over the last 3 decades. Beirut, Israel, Spain, Rome, Japan, Atlanta, Germany, Oklahoma City, New York, London, Mumbai, Russia, China, Paris, Lebanon and Mali off the top of my head. Small groups can attack unarmed civilians with awful results. They are no match for a well trained military. That is why they attack the innocent.

We live in a country of 300 million citizens, police in every city, an army, a coast guard, a navy, marines, special forces and an air force. And I am suppose to be afraid of refugees running from war?

No, my conservative values tell me to welcome others because they bring more growth and joy to our lives. New foods, new ideas, new styles and energy to work hard starting new businesses. People like Steve Jobs are the children of immigrants. My grandparents and great grandparents came from somewhere else. So did your relatives. All good people from are from everywhere.


My work, my church and my home look like the UN. I like it. New refugees? They are welcome in my neighborhood, my street and my church.

Personal note: The birthday boy is enjoying a long weekend rest from his stressful job he thankfully has. Too many friends and family looking for work.
Wishing everyone a great holiday if you are in the US. We can't be grateful enough to remember how good our life is. Praise God. 
Take time to pray for those who are suffering in this world, and think what action you can take to help.

No comments:

Moral Collapse. Don’t We Recognize Evil?

Israel was attacked by Hamas terrorists. ~1,400 deaths, ~3,500 wounded and ~200 taken as hostages. Thousands of rockets were sent as armed a...